Porter pleased with Newport stay
Blue Square Premiership,
Newport midfielder Max Porter has agreed a one-year deal to remain at the Blue Square Bet Premier club.
The Welsh outfit begin pre-season training on Monday and Porter has become the 15th member of Justin Edinburgh's squad to commit his future to the Exiles.
The 25-year-old was released by AFC Wimbledon at the end of his contract last month following a loan spell at County last term.
Porter was delighted to be given the opportunity to continue his career at Rodney Parade.
"I wasn't really enjoying my football at Wimbledon but I've enjoyed the whole experience at Newport and I get on really well with the manager," said the former Barnet man.
"As soon as he told me he wanted me to stay on I had no hesitation in signing a new contract. There was no doubt in my mind. I'm a loyal person and I feel I owe Justin and Newport some loyalty after they offered me regular football last season."