Blues rubbish Falcao rumours
Roberto Di Matteo has rubbished talk he tried to sign Radamel Falcao this summer and says Chelsea were never after another striker.
The Champions League winners were left with egg on their face on Friday night as Atletico Madrid ran riot in the European Super Cup, Falcao scoring a hat-trick as the Spanish side won 4-1.
Colombian hitman Falcao was inevitably the talk of the town after another fine performance as he shone against the club he was heavily linked with during the last two transfer windows.
After the exits of Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka there had been talk Di Matteo would try to bring in Falcao to support Fernando Torres.
However, the Italian coach says there was no truth to the rumours linking the west London outfit with the Atletico hitman.
"We have two very good strikers in Fernando Torres and Daniel Sturridge and I'm very happy with the squad that I have," he said.
Di Matteo went on to say that Chelsea had never been close to signing a new striker after being heavily linked with Porto's Hulk, who at one point had claimed a deal had been done to take him to Stamford Bridge.