Latics stand firm over Blues target
Wigan manager Roberto Martinez says he'd like to see Victor Moses stay at the club but admits he expects him to join Chelsea soon.
The Latics have been fighting hard to try and persuade the 21-year-old to stay but appear to be fighting a losing battle after the Blues made their interest in the forward well known.
Chelsea have been in prolonged talks with Wigan but as yet haven't agreed a fee for Moses, with chairman Dave Whelan holding out for £10million, while the west Londoners are only willing to pay £9million.
The former Crystal Palace youngster is keen on a move to Stamford Bridge but for now remains a Wigan player and could potentially face Roberto Di Matteo's men in Sunday's Premier League clash at the DW Stadium.
Martinez admits it is only a matter of time before Moses leaves the club but for now he is still a Wigan player.
"There's been a lot of talk and speculation about Victor Moses," he told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast show on TalkSport.
"So far though, the valuation hasn't been met and in a selfish way I'm delighted.
"I want Victor to stay with Wigan Athletic for as long as we can keep him. He's such a talented man, though, and only 21. It's only a matter of time before he's playing for a club which is challenging for the Premier League title."