Medical but no Blues move for samba star
Oscar has revealed that he has had a medical with Chelsea, but will not sign a contract at Stamford Bridge until after the Olympics.
The 20-year-old Internacional playmaker has been heavily linked with a big money move to the European champions, despite Blues boss Roberto di Matteo already bolstering his midfield department this summer with the signings of Eden Hazard and Marko Marin. And, while Oscar had previously said he planned to stay put in his homeland, he confirmed on Friday evening that he has undergone a medical with Chelsea, but is not making any firm plans on his future until Brazil's Olympics bid is over. Speaking through an interpreter after helping his country to a 2-0 friendly win against Great Britain at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium, he said: "I only had a meeting with the doctor, nothing else. I didn't sign any contract yet and I will wait until the end of the Olympic games to decide my future. "All Brazilian players have this dream. I have, like everybody the dream to play in Europe and the Premier League." Oscar added: "It is like a dream for me, participating in the Olympics, it's so important for my career and I hope to win the gold medal here. "It was a good result tonight but we also have to improve and grow during the competition to reach the final. "I am enjoying, it is not a pressure, I am focussed on the Olympics but want to show the British fans that I can play well here."