Pietersen decision troubles Trott
England batsmen Jonathan Trott says he is disappointed at Kevin Pietersen's decision to retire from one-day international cricket.
Trott also admits that the South African-born star's announcement did not come as a huge surprise. Pietersen announced his retirement from the limited-overs version of the international game last Thursday, having previously become the first England player to pass 1,000 runs on the Twenty20 circuit. Pietersen, 31, has a strike rate of 86.79 per 100 balls in ODIs and an average of 41.84. His decision to step back from the one-day scene is a blow to England ahead of their third Test showdown with West Indies at Edgbaston later this week. "You can understand it in a way, but it's a huge disappointment as well," said Trott. "Kev's his own guy and has to make his own decisions though, and the team fully support his decision. Whatever he decides to do with his cricketing career is fine." Pietersen made his ODI debut against Zimbabwe in 2004. His final appearance before announcing his retirement came just under eight years later against Pakistan.