Djokovic - No blue clay for me
Novak Djokovic has become the latest player to criticise the now infamous blue clay being used at this week's Madrid Masters.
The world number one crashed out in the quarter-finals of the tournament on Friday 7-6 6-3 to fellow Serb Janko Tipsarevic and was adamant that the unusual surface played a major part in his downfall. Throughout the week, the 24-year-old has looked ill at ease on the distinctive blue dirt, complaining that he has found it difficult to keep his footing and judge bounces when approaching his returns. The 'King of Clay' Rafael Nadal previously said that there was no-way he would return to the tournament in 2013, following his defeat to Fernando Verdasco on Thursday and Djokovic has revealed he may follow suit and that he is now looking forward to getting back on to 'real' clay courts. "I want to forget this week as soon as possible and move on to the real clay courts," said Djokovic. "It took me at least a week to try to get used to this surface and somehow find a way to win matches and play a decent level of tennis." "There is no discussion in my eyes, it's very simple. No blue clay for me."