Lopez to "mess up" Ortiz plans
Josesito Lopez has vowed to "mess up" a proposed fight between Saturday's opponent Victor Ortiz and Saul Alvarez on September 15.
Lopez and 'Vicious' meet at the Staples Center in Los Angeles this weekend in Ortiz's first fight since his controversial knockout by Floyd 'Money' Mayweather last year. Ortiz insisted this week he was not looking beyond Lopez but has already been put forward as the next opponent for WBC light-middleweight champion 'El Canelo' Alvarez. Lopez said he was annoyed he was overlooked as a future opponent for the emerging Mexico superstar and vowed to prove he was no stepping stone for Ortiz. "I don't think I can get possibly more motivated [than I already am] but if anything, yeah, it does add a little bit more," Lopez said during a recent appearance on 'The Boxing Lab.' "I'm here to mess all that up. I'm here to mess up the plans for September. You know, there's a rematch clause so they might as well start planning the rematch with me and Victor Ortiz. "All my focus up until the fight is the fight and the fight only. I don't make any plans ahead and I find that a little disrespectful."