Ring return for Hitman
Ricky Hatton has confirmed that he will return to the ring by announcing he is set to fight on November 24 in the Manchester Arena.
The 33-year-old retired last year with a record of 45 wins and two defeats, though has decided to come out of retirement and fight for the first time in three years against an opponent who is yet to be confirmed.
Hatton, nicknamed "The Hitman", has not fought since suffering a second-round knockout by Manny Pacquiao in May 2009 and was stripped of his licence to box in 2010 after admitting using cocaine.
But he appeared before the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBoC) in Cardiff on Wednesday to ask for it back and BBBoC general secretary Robert Smith said Hatton looked "very well" and seems to have "sorted himself out".
At today's press conference Hatton, who has been working as a boxing trainer and promoter, said: "I have put a bit back into the sport through the promoting, but that didn't quite fill the void. I got my trainer's licence and got back into the gym with the boys spending a bit of time on the pads, getting a little bit thinner. That's where it started. "
"This is more than a comeback. It is worth more than any amount of money, any amount of titles. It is more than that because they don't know what has been going on in between my ears."