More News

  • Follow us on:

Blues warned off striker bid

2014-02-20 14:47:01, Views: 365, ClubCall

Blues warned off striker bid

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo has told Chelsea to forget about making a move for star striker Diego Costa.

Jose Mourinho has been heavily linked with a move for the Brazilian-born star and with Wayne Rooney all set to stay with Manchester United, he is now said to be the Chelsea boss' top target.

The 25-year-old would cost in the region of £30million, but Cerezo has no intention of cashing in and has told all interested parties not to bother making a bid.

"Diego Costa is an Atletico player and will remain with us for a long time," he revealed when quizzed about the possibility of the player leaving.

Costa has scored 26 goals so far this season, including the winning goal against AC Milan in the Champions League on Wednesday night, and Mourinho is still likely to make a bid despite Cerezo's claims.



listen

match previews

match reports

Bet of the day

free bet offers

betting news

poll

Who will be the next Crystal Palace manager?

Clubcall poll vote
Roberto Mancini
11.27 %
71
Claudio Ranieri
18.10 %
114
Marco Silva
7.30 %
46
Somebody else
25.08 %
158
Roy Hodgson
13.81 %
87
Slavisa Jokanovic
4.44 %
28
Walter Mazzarri
4.44 %
28
Sean Dyche
15.56 %
98
Total votes: 630

Chelsea Latest Signing

Chelsea Most Expensive