More News

  • Follow us on:

Woods expects strong return

2016-11-28 10:16:00, Views: 100, ClubCall

Woods expects strong return

Tiger Woods says he raring to go ahead of his latest comeback attempt at this week's Hero World Challenge.

A back injury has meant the 40-year-old has not played competitively since last year's Wyndham Championship and he has twice undergone surgery in order to aid his recovery.

Woods had previously planned to return at October's Safeway Open but decided he was not fit enough to do himself justice, before again abandoning plans to play at the recent Turkish Airlines Open.

However, he insists he is now fit enough to play and will tee it up at his own tournament, this week's Hero World Challenge at Albany Golf Club in the Bahamas.

After holding an open session on the driving range on Sunday, the 14-time major champion said he was looking forward to the event and is confident about his chances of avoiding another false start.

"It was a smart decision in the end to pull out of the tournaments," Woods said. "The competitor inside me wanted to go so badly, I was itching to go, I had been playing at home, and I thought I could get it around.

"I had played feeling worse and won golf tournaments. But I finally decided why rush … I had waited more than a year, so let's wait a little more and get it right."



listen

match previews

match reports

Bet of the day

free bet offers

betting news

poll

Who will be the next Crystal Palace manager?

Clubcall poll vote
Roberto Mancini
12.61 %
28
Claudio Ranieri
37.39 %
83
Marco Silva
21.62 %
48
Somebody else
28.38 %
63
Total votes: 222