Free betting tips: Spain v England
Spain have a formidable home record and can put England to the sword in Monday’s UEFA Nations League clash…
Spain to beat England at 4/5
This looks like the bet of the week at the price, with Spain currently absolutely rampant and England in an experimental phase as they move on from their run to the World Cup semi-finals.
Spain had a weird and disappointing time in Russia, but have put it behind them in fine style. As well as a 2-1 victory over England at Wembley in this competition they’ve thrashed England’s World Cup conquerors Croatia 6-0 while their second string put four past Wales on Thursday night.
Quotes approaching even-money look must-bet material here and also offer a meaty start to any accas for Monday’s action.
Spain (-2) to beat England at 11/2
Let’s really go for it. Here are Spain’s home results since Euro 2016 (most recent first): 6-0, 1-1, 6-1, 5-0, 3-0, 3-0, 2-2, 4-1, 4-0, 8-0.
That’s eight wins from 10 games, all of them by at least three goals. Okay, an 8-0 win over Liechtenstein isn’t much of a guide here, but plenty of those other wins are. Italy were beaten 3-0, Costa Rica 5-0, Argentina 6-1 and, as mentioned above, Croatia 6-0.
You could argue all day about where England would rank among those teams, but they are broadly comparable and all have been summarily dispatched on Spanish soil. Throw in Thursday’s 4-1 win over Wales, the last hour of which was spent in cruise control, and 11/2 for Spain to prevail giving up a two-goal start looks tempting indeed.
- All prices with bet365.com and correct at time of publication.
Up to £100 in Bet Credits for new customers at bet365
Min deposit £5 and 1x settled bet requirement to release Bet Credits. Min odds, bet and payment method exclusions apply. Returns exclude Bet Credits stake. Time limits and T&Cs apply.
- Draw/Arsenal HT/FT against Fulham at 15/4
- Gylfi Sigurdsson to score against Leicester at 10/3
- Under 2.5 goals in Chelsea v MOL Vidi at 5/2
- Arsenal to beat Qarabag to nil at 13/10
- Napoli to beat Liverpool at 12/5
- Manchester United and Valencia to draw at 11/4
- Tottenham to beat Huddersfield to nil at 11/8
- West Ham to beat Manchester United at 7/2
- Liverpool/Liverpool HT/FT v PSG at 21/10
- Liverpool to beat Tottenham at 7/5
- Belgium to beat Scotland to nil at 6/5
- Belgium to beat Scotland 4-0 at 16/1
- Marko Arnautovic to score against Arsenal at 13/5
- Aleksandar Mitrovic to score against Tottenham at 3/1
- Jamie Vardy to score against Manchester United at 11/4