Tite hails Vinicius Jr after handing him first Brazil call-up
Brazil coach Tite has said the time is right for Real Madrid starlet Vinicius Jr to be handed his first international call-up.
The 18-year-old forward was signed by Los Blancos from Flamengo in his homeland for around 46 million euros at the age of 16 and he has become a key player for the Spanish giants with four goals in 26 appearances in all competitions so far this term.
As a result, Tite has decided to hand him a call-up to the Brazil side for this month’s friendlies against Panama in Porto, Portugal, on March 23 and the Czech Republic in Prague three days later.
‘He’s at a very demanding club,’ Tite told reporters.
‘I want to give him that growth, affirmation and evolution.
‘Him participating, being in the dressing-room, feeling the weight of the yellow jersey, is important.
‘ Vinicius Jr’s inclusion comes as captain Neymar is absent because of a foot injury he suffered in January, while the teenager’s Real Madrid team-mate Marcelo and Manchester City midfielder Fernandinho have been left out.
Porto defender Eder Militao, AC Milan’s attacking midfielder Lucas Paqueta and Daniel Alves of Paris St Germain have all been recalled.