Rojo set to stay put
Manchester United defender Marcos Rojo says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has told him he is part of his plans for next season.
The Argentinean has struggled with injuries this season, making just three Premier League appearances so far.
The 29-year-old has had to be patient but he is now ready to return ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash with West Ham at Old Trafford.
Rojo starred for the Under-23s last week and he could be called upon for the game against the Hammers with regular left-back Luke Shaw suspended.
With his injury problems mounting up, Rojo could have been shown the door but Solskjaer has assured him he has a future in Manchester.
‘It’s been very good,’ Rojo told MUTV.
‘Since he [Ole] arrived, he’s had an incredible relationship with me.
When he got here, he told me I was part of his plans and that he wanted me to get myself fully fit.
‘He helped me a lot because I was coming off a bad run of injuries and he told me to not worry and just concentrate calmly on making progress in my rehab and recovery.
‘I think that you can see that in his ideas on how to play the game and getting back to what United was before.
He’s very positive, always helping and always giving advice.’