Marseille president Eyraud dismisses Zubizarreta departure claims

News
Sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta will not be leaving Marseille this summer, president Jacques-Henri Eyraud has confirmed.

Sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta will not be leaving Marseille this summer, president Jacques-Henri Eyraud has confirmed.

Zubizarreta, 57, had been linked with a possible switch to Arsenal, where he would link up with head of football and former Barcelona colleague Raul Sanllehi at the Emirates Stadium.

The Gunners are said to have been impressed with the way Zubizarreta has managed to bring in some big-name players, including Mario Balotelli and Dimitri Payet, during his two-year stint at the Ligue 1 outfit.

But, with coach Rudi Garcia confirming on Wednesday that he is leaving at the end of the season, Eyraud has revealed that Zubizarreta will not be following him out of the Stade Velodrome.

‘Andoni Zubizarreta continues his adventure at OM (Olympic Marseille),’ said a brief statement made by the president via the club’s Twitter account.

Latest