Wilson unfazed by Manchester United speculation
Bournemouth striker Callum Wilson says he does not pay any attention to the rumours linking him with a move to Manchester United.
Wilson has recently returned from international duty with England, after being named in Gareth Southgate’s squad for the Euro 2020 qualifiers against Montenegro and Kosovo.
The Cherries frontman failed to feature against either side as England booked their spot in next summer’s tournament but he is still in the headlines at the moment.
The 27-year-old is reportedly one of Manchester United’s key transfer targets ahead of the January transfer window, as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer tries to build a squad capable of competing for a top-four place in the Premier League.
Wilson has impressed in the top flight once again this term, scoring five goals in 12 appearances under Eddie Howe and his form has helped Bournemouth up to ninth in the table.
#OnThisDay in 2017…
Second @PremierLeague start since an ACL injury ✅
Second @PremierLeague hat-trick ✅
— AFC Bournemouth (@afcbournemouth) November 18, 2019
United could be on the verge of making a big-money move for the former Coventry City ace, but he claims he is fully committed to his current club.
He told reporters: “I usually find out by people reading stuff and coming up to me! I’m just kind of like ‘you know as much as me’.
“I don’t really listen to it. I don’t read papers, and I don’t read Twitter feeds about transfer rumours. I tend to just focus on myself. I’ve signed a contract at Bournemouth, so I’m committed there. I try not to let anything like that affect my game.”
Wilson will look to score for the first time in eight matches when the Cherries host Wolves at the Vitality Stadium on Saturday. Nuno Espirito Santo’s side have enjoyed a similar campaign to Howe’s men so far as they sit one place above them in the table in eighth but on the same points (16) after 12 games.