Warnock puts future talk on hold

Cardiff City
Neil Warnock says no talks have been held with Cardiff regarding his own future and transfer plans are also on hold.

Neil Warnock says no talks have been held with Cardiff regarding his own future and transfer plans are also on hold.

Warnock is under contract with the Bluebirds until the summer of 2020 but it has been suggested he may opt to step down at the end of the campaign, regardless of whether or not Cardiff avoid the drop.

The Cardiff boss says he feels he owes it ‘to the fans’ to stay next season, although he confirmed no discussions have been held just yet.

The 70-year-old says the club are making plans for pre-season, but he won’t be making any concrete decisions on his own future – or transfer targets – until Cardiff know what league they will be competing in next term.

‘No, not really,’ he told reporters on Friday when asked if there had been any talks about his future.

‘At the moment, we’re trying to plan ahead for the pre-season, as normal.

‘We’re looking at targets in both eventualities, which is not easy, really.

‘I think the club’s in the same situation, really.

‘I don’t think we can do anything until we know exactly what the situation is, and then I’m sure Mehmet [Dalman, Cardiff’s chairman] will be talking to me.

‘ ‘I speak to them on a regular basis, but we haven’t really gone into details about next season.’

Latest