No Puncheon problem says Town boss
Huddersfield boss Jan Siewert says there are ‘no problems’ with Jason Puncheon, who is back in training and available for selection.
The 32-year-old, who is on loan at Town from Crystal Palace, has not featured since being sacrificed by Siewert when Tommy Smith was sent off against Newcastle United last month.
He subsequently missed the next two games against Wolves and Brighton and Hove Albion as rumours of a bust-up between the player and his new head coach surfaced in the media.
Siewert left the door open for Puncheon to return to his squad earlier this week when questioned about the situation.
‘We had 18 players in the squad and I am just allowed to have 18 players, so I made my decision and I am paid for making decisions,’ he said, following Town’s 1-0 defeat against Brighton last Saturday.
‘Yes, he is part of my squad, but I have to do decisions, and I will do the decisions in my way.
‘ The German has now revealed that Puncheon has trained with the rest of his squad this week and is available for selection for the home clash with Bournemouth on Saturday – adding that there were ‘no problems’ with the midfielder.