Happy Hammer Rice ignoring Reds rumours
Declan Rice has again committed his future to West Ham United amid reports Manchester United are ready to launch a huge bid to try and sign him.
Rice is said to be a top target for United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer, who is keen to bolster his midfield, and there is talk that a £70million bid could be launched at some point.
The 24-year-old is no stranger to the transfer gossip columns having already been heavily linked with a move to Manchester City, and he is not reading too much into the latest rumours.
Rice was quizzed by the media in the lead up to England’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Bulgaria this week, and he reiterated he is more than happy with Manuel Pellegrini’s side and is not thinking about a possible move to Old Trafford or anywhere else.
21 players are out at training this morning, as the #ThreeLions prepare for Bulgaria. @_DeclanRice is not involved, while Danny Rose, who is suspended for tomorrow's game, has left the camp. pic.twitter.com/UAeNDMvRBe
— England (@England) October 13, 2019
“I signed a five year contract with West Ham last year, which will keep me at club till I’m 24, and for me this is the best place to be right now,” he said. “I am playing for a manager who has given me my chance and played me week in week out.
“I’m improving every week and although I see all this speculation, I don’t really think about it too much. It’s all talk until something happens – and nothing has – so I’m just focused on West Ham, doing my best and making fans happy.”
It remains to be seen what would happen if United did firm up their interest by making a bid in either the January window, or at the end of the season.
Most players would have their head turned by such an offer and Rice is likely to be no different. There is also the chance that West Ham could decide to cash in if they receive an offer so big they find it impossible to refuse.