Icardi’s lawyer explains legal action
Mauro Icardi’s lawyer insists the striker’s legal action against Inter Milan is not about money but the way he has been treated by the club.
The Argentine striker had been left out of Inter’s first-team plans and it seems as though he does not feature in manager Antonio Conte’s thoughts.
He, along with wife Wanda Nara, has taken the Nerazzurri to court as he wants full reintegration into first-team training and €1.5million in damages, having rejected moves to the likes of Napoli, Roma and Monaco this summer.
— footballitalia (@footballitalia) August 30, 2019
It remains to be seen how the situation plays about but lawyer Giuseppe di Carlo told sportmediaset that it is all about the player’s integrity, after Inter’s bizarre behaviour when releasing case documents into the public domain.
“It is inexplicable. Never seen such a thing,” he said. “I saw the document released in full with very serious violations of privacy. Without omissions. Someone will have to answer.
“I want to clarify. The request for compensation is a necessary consequence of the act. It is not part of a personal initiative of the player.”