The 33-year-old made his first start for Inter since September in Monday night’s win over Fiorentina, with the midfielder having spent plenty of time either on the bench or sidelines with a knee injury this season.
A total of seven appearances in all competitions has led to speculation the former Juventus man could be allowed to leave the San Siro in January, with Brazilian sides Flamengo and Sao Paulo supposedly monitoring the situation.
Melo has denied having spoken to clubs in South America and hopes he will get more opportunities at Inter Milan following the sacking of Ronald de Boer and arrival of Stefano Piolo as head coach.
“I’ve read these stories in the newspapers,” Melo told UOL Esporte.
“They said that I asked for too high a salary from Flamengo, but I never received an offer from them. There was contact with them in the past, but I’m happy at Inter now. I’m getting a chance with the new coach now.
“I have a special affection for the Sao Paolo fans, and not just today. It’s an honour to be linked with these two clubs, who it’s impossible to say no to.
“But, I repeat, I’ve haven’t had any contact. No offer. I have a contract with Inter for another year and a half.”
Ipswich striker Joe Garner will not play again this season after it emerged he suffered a fractured skull against Sheffield United last week.