De Paul flattered by Inter interest
Rodrigo De Paul says he is flattered by speculation linking him with a move to Inter Milan but he insists his focus remains on Udinese.
Recent reports have suggested that Inter boss Antonio Conte is interested in bringing Argentina international De Paul to the San Siro during the January transfer window.
De Paul scored nine goals for Udinese in Serie A last season, but he has only netted once this term, although that is down to a change in position that now sees him operating in a more withdrawn role.
Speculation had gathered pace that De Paul had already entered negotiations with Conte over a move to Inter, but the 25-year-old has denied any talks have taken place, although he is flattered by their reported interest.
“I am flattered to see that a club like Inter are interested in me. I try not to read rumours, but it means I’m doing well,” De Paul told La Gazzetta dello Sport.
“I’ve never talked to him [Antonio Conte] before. My idea of him is that he’s a winner, with Juventus and Chelsea. Lautaro [Martinez] speaks very highly of him.”
The former Valencia star is certainly in no rush to leave Udinese, the club he originally joined in 2016, with his focus very much remaining on the Bianconeri’s Serie A clash with Lazio at the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.
— Udinese Calcio (@Udinese_1896) November 30, 2019
“I’m focused on Lazio, I’ve always given everything to Udinese and I’ll continue to do so,” the winger added.
Udinese currently sit 13th in the Serie A standings, but they have only won one of their last five games – a run that includes a 7-1 defeat at the hands of Atalanta.