Lennon expecting no more high-profile exits
Celtic manager Neil Lennon says the club will not consider any bids for their top players after selling Kieran Tierney to Arsenal.
The Hoops allowed Tierney to move on last week after the Gunners finally paid the £25million asking price.
Arsenal had originally failed with a number of bids and it now appears James Forrest is the next man being linked with an exit.
The winger is wanted by Russian giants Zenit St Petersburg and reports claim a bid of £12million could be made in the coming days.
😲 James Forrest's goal against Motherwell means he's now scored for #CelticFC in 1⃣1⃣ consecutive league campaigns!
The first player to do so since the Maestro, Paul McStay 🍀 pic.twitter.com/UiYKo67mxw
— Celtic Football Club (@CelticFC) August 12, 2019
Zenit are allowed to sign players until September 6, while Celtic are also expecting bids for fellow midfielder Callum McGregor.
Despite the interest, Lennon says Tierney will be the only high-profile exit this summer.
“He (Forrest) is another one that we don’t want to go,” Lennon told reporters. “A big player, a big goalscorer. He has been here a long, long time. He is under contract.
“It’s important to hold on to your better players, we have already sold one, so we don’t want to sell any more. We are looking to add to the squad rather than selling any more of our important players and James certainly falls into that category.”